Funding for Community-based projects under the New Horizons for Seniors Program (up to $25,000)
Eligible organizations can now apply for the 2020-2021 New Horizons for Seniors Program - up to $25,000 for projects that are led by seniors and volunteer based. Organizations can only apply to the program for 1 grant, either for a small grant up to $5,000, or a regular grant up to $25,000.
Projects for regular grants (up to $25,000) must meet at least 1 of the following program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors
For more information, including eligibility critieria and the application process, see the attached website link.
Sep 09, 2020
Oct 20, 2020