2024-25 United Way BC Healthy Aging Enhancement Grants for Community Collaboratives
2024-25 United Way BC Healthy Aging Enhancement Grants
Funds that encourage innovation and address system gaps will be available to CBSS agencies in 2024-25 as one-year Enhancement Grants. Available funds fall under three categories - see Call for Proposal links below:
- Aging in Motion – Transportation Supports & Innovations: to prepare for, design, and/or deliver services that address local/regional transportation gaps for/with vulnerable community-dwelling seniors through new or existing programs/services, or by testing or scaling up/out promising approaches.
- Social Meals: to enhance existing programming or implement new service delivery models, to design and deliver services that combine social engagement with the provision of nutritious meals for vulnerable community-dwelling seniors.
- Volunteer Coordination & Strategy: to design and implement strategies for increased coordination of, and supports for, volunteers by enhancing or implementing local/regional coordination roles focused on recruiting and retaining local volunteers and increasing CBSS engagement with the iVolunteer platform.
The three Healthy Aging Enhancement Grant applications above must be submitted with collaborating partners in the community. Applications must respond to collaboratively identified priorities and be coordinated with the services of other network members. Where community-based collaborative networks do not yet exist, proposals must address how they will build relationships with others in the CBSS sector (including health, municipalities/regional districts, First Nations, etc.) and work with United Way BC to initiate a meaningful collaborative structure.
With limited funding available, Community Collaboratives are asked prioritize one or two Healthy Aging Enhancement Grants that their community(ies) are best equipped to mobilize around and where they see the most community benefit, if received.
Enhancement Grant applications will be available through United Way BC’s iUnite platform will close on March 8, 2024. Please see iUnite links and documents below, including:
- iUnite User Management Guide Video
- iUnite Security Presentation Video
- iUnite Password Reset & Login Video
- A pre-recorded instructional video
If your agency does not have an iUnite account, please fill out this form to gain access: https://uwbc.tfaforms.net/f/iunite_account_request. Please read the instructions carefully so as to not create duplicate iUnite accounts.
United Way British Columbia
Feb 05, 2024
Mar 08, 2024