Hospice Education Days 2023
Save the Date
November 3rd - 4th, 2023 | Parksville, BC
Join the Vancouver Island Hospice Federation (VIHoF) in partnership with the BC Hospice Palliative Care Association (BCHPCA) and the Fraser Federation of Hospices for a dynamic and collaborative 2 days of education, training and knowledge transfer to improve the quality of care for patients and families facing serious illness and suffering from grief and bereavement.
The Hospice Education Days event will focus on promoting wellness for staff, volunteers and patients alike through strategic support and collaboration.
Themes that will be presented (and not exhaustive) are:
- Retaining, growing, and diversifying the workforce, including volunteers
- Greif and Bereavement; Strategies, Best Practices and Advocacy
- Self-care and wellness promotion to those we support and interdisciplinary teams
- Capacity building and community partnerships to better support patients and families
Topics that will be presented (and not exhaustive) are:
- Policy, program and services advocacy (grief, bereavement and hospice care)
- Hospice Palliative care research and Innovation
- Partnerships and community-coordinated approaches to care
- Support after a traumatic loss
- New Faces of Volunteerism
- Implementing care and programs that are inclusive, anti-racist and de-colonizing
- MAiD – supporting family and friends
- Strategies to support structurally vulnerable people
Who should attend:
Caregivers and patients, Hospice organization staff and volunteers, palliative and community leaders from all sectors focused on advancing person-centred care for people living with serious illnesses and those that are grieving and bereaved.
Sponsors and Exhibits
To find out more about becoming an event sponsor or exhibitor, email Katie Yuen, Education and Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Registration will open in late spring - early summer on the BCHPCA site.
We hope to see you there!
1. Is this a virtual-only event?
No. The Hospice Education Days event will be held in person at the Tigh- Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort and Conference Centre in Parksville, BC and virtually via the BCHPCA Pheedloop event portal.
2. Will this event offer CE/CPD(Continuing Education/Professional) credits?
No, this event will not offer CE/CPDcredits.
3. What are the registration fees?
Registration fees are to be determined. If you aren't already on the BCHPCA mailing list sign up today to be the first to find out when registration launches!
BCHPCA members will receive a discount on registration. Sign up today to benefit from the membership discount
May 16, 2023