Community Giving (ongoing deadline)
In order to qualify, you must be one of the following:
- A Canadian non-profit organization operating for purposes beneficial to Canadian communities.
- A registered charity holding a current charitable registration number with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Government-owned or controlled schools, community centres, parks, libraries, shelters and hospitals.
- A registered Canadian amateur athletic association with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Fundraising events (e.g. walks, tournaments, dinners, auctions, etc.).
- Individuals or individual pursuits (e.g. personal appeals, registration fees, etc.).
- Initiatives outside Canada.
- Personal or group expeditions.
- Contests or pageants.
- Third-party organizations that raise funds for charities.
- Conferences, trade shows, fairs.
- Advertising, film or video projects, book publications.
- Recreational groups and professional organizations serving only their members.
- Bursaries or scholarships.
- Political activities.
- For-profit organizations or other corporations’ community initiatives
Walmart Canada’s Community Giving Areas of Focus:
- Hunger Relief, Food Access and Healthy Eating
- Disaster Preparedness and Relief
- Building Strong Communities
How to Apply:
- Organizations must submit an online application to be considered for funding.
- Submitting an online application or meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee funding.
- There is no deadline to apply; applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Walmart does not award multi-year commitments.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We encourage funding requests that align with our areas of focus however all proposals that work toward strengthening Canadian communities will be considered.
May 05, 2023