Government of Canada: Emergency Community Support Fund
We have invested $350 million to improve the ability of community organizations to serve vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 crisis.
The investment will flow through national intermediaries that have the ability to get funds quickly to community organizations that serve vulnerable populations.
As of May 19, 2020 community-based organizations from across the country will be able to apply for funding to support a variety of activities that address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused by COVID-19, such as:
- increasing volunteer-based home deliveries of groceries and medications
- scaling up help lines that provide information and support
- helping vulnerable Canadians access government benefits
- providing training, supplies, and other required supports to volunteers so they can continue to make their invaluable contributions to the COVID-19 response
- replacing in-person, one-on-one contact and social gatherings with virtual contact through phone calls, texts, teleconferences, or the Internet
Applications for financial support will open May 19, 2020 for qualified donees (including charities) and non-profits serving vulnerable Canadians amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
To find more details on how to apply please visit:
Jan 01, 2021
Jan 01, 2021