Grants of up to $20,000 available through Access to Action
Funded by Sport Canada, PHE Canada’s Access to Action Grant Program will focus on empowering school communities to provide inclusive and meaningful sport and physical activity opportunities before, during and after school. Grants are available to schools and/or community organizations for projects that engage school-aged children and youth, with a focus on young people from equity-deserving populations.
Deadline to apply: February 28th, 2023
About Access to Action
Access to Action will support young people of equity-deserving populations across the country. Equity-deserving populations include Indigenous, Black, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, low income and newcomers. Increased focus will be placed on young people who face intersecting barriers to school-based physical activity participation and have disengaged from sport and physical activity over the past two years. For more information on why Access to Action will focus on these student groups, please see Statistics Canada’s Review of Canadian Youth.
For the 2022-2023 school year, Access to Action will fund a minimum of 500 physical activity and/or sport programs before, during, and after school hours.
This will result in:
- increased knowledge and capacity of schools and teachers to support quality sport programming and physical activity;
- increased physical activity of priority populations students during the school day;
- development of both the physical skills and intrinsic motivations of physical literacy among priority population students;
- enhanced sport programming and physical activity – providing opportunity for and engagement of diverse student populations;
- increased intention of students to engaging sport opportunities and physical activity beyond the school walls; and
- a reduction in perceived barriers to sport participation.
Nov 28, 2022
Mar 01, 2023