Consulate General of France in Vancouver acknowledges the work of the West End Seniors’ Network
On July 13, Consul General, Philippe Sutter, handed French products gift-bags to the members of Vancouver’s West End Seniors’ Network for their increased work during COVID-19, in particular the most vulnerable. Since the start of the crisis:
- The West End Seniors Seniors' Network team made 1,200 calls to these members and clients to ensure their well-being and needs
- Most of the social activities have been maintained thanks to online access
- An additional 100 packed lunches per week were delivered to people in need
- Additional services were provided such as laundry and delivery of medicines or medical transportation
- 200 people volunteered in addition to the usual 250.
For more information on this program, visit wesn.ca.
Aug 10, 2020