Resilient Streets Toolkit: The How-to Guide for Building Community
This toolkit is designed to help you and your neighbours start making your street, building or block more resilient through fun, hands-on projects.
We focus on activities that can be done by small groups of people with few resources, because finding creative ways to do lots with little is a big part of what resilience is all about. Of course, the many examples that we give are just that – examples. They are wide open to change, adaptation or complete re-invention. And ultimately, only you and your neighbours can decide what you’d like to do together and how you’d like to go about doing it. With this toolkit, we’re simply hoping to inspire and assist you in any way we can!
Here’s what’s included:
• A brief introduction to resilience and resilient streets
• Inspiring examples of projects big and small done by neighbours
• A “Getting Started” guide with tips on making those first connections
• Links to further information, learning resources and free tools
Jul 04, 2019
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers