Toolkit: Engaging Men in Older Adult Centres
Research has shown that older men are less likely to socialize regularly, face a higher risk of mortality related to social isolation than women and men 65+ have one of the highest suicide rates. Many men see work as being central in shaping and sustaining their identity, so retirement can be a tough change which does not come easy. This toolkit looks to bring ideas to your community to engage more men.
This toolkit includes:
- Survey results and barrier to participation
- Examples of successful Men’s programming
- Introduction to Men’s Sheds
- Marketing Ideas
- Fundraising Ideas
- Brainstorming Feedback from OACAO members
- Men’s Sheds Resource List
See the attached website link for the full toolkit.
Aug 20, 2020
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Organizational Development
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)