Toolkit materials and program: Active Living with Chronic Conditions
The Self-Management Programs at the University of Victoria have developed and shared 2 new toolkits for those living with chronic conditions. A brief description is provided here - please see and share the attached posters for more information.
1. Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions Program
This evidence-based program includes all tools in the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, packaged into a one-time mailing. It offers an alternative method for those who cannot or do not wish to attend a CDSMP workshop in person or online. The self-tailored Tool Kit contains:
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 5th Edition book
- Relaxation for Mind and Body CD
- An exercise CD with accompanying booklet
- A self-test to help decide how to use the materials
- Tips sheets on the most important self-management tools
The Tool Kit will suggest and give you some ideas to try.
2. Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions + Telephone Calls Program
Participants in this 6-week program receive the materials from the Tool Kit for Active Living with Chronic Conditions Program, and participate in a 30-minute, small group conference call with a Program Leader and other participants. The Leader introduces the materials, explains the self-test, does an exercise with the group, and gets each person to make a weekly action plan.
If you know of anyone who is interested in participating in the one-on-one Health Coach Program or in our small-group Tool Kit + Telephone Program, please ask them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- City/Postal Code
- Program they are interested in (Health Coach or Tool Kit + Phone)
A Program Coordinator will then contact them to discuss the next steps.
Jun 24, 2020
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Physical Activity
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers