Toolkit: Social isolation of seniors - Volume 1 - Understanding the issue and finding solutions
This volume is the first of two documents produced by the Forum of Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Seniors to help organizations and
individuals approach the social isolation of seniors. It updates and builds upon to Working Together for Seniors: A Toolkit to Promote Seniors’ Social Integration in Community Services, Programs, and Policies (2007) also produced by the Forum.
The purpose of this volume is to:
1) raise awareness about social isolation among seniors;
2) introduce some useful concepts related to social innovation; and
3) show how social innovation can help to address social isolation
in Canadian communities through examples.
A complementary document, Volume II: Ideas Exchange Event Toolkit, presents tools to help individuals and organizations develop lasting community partnerships
to reduce the social isolation of seniors.
Dec 19, 2018
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Volunteer Management
- Social Connectedness / Social Isolation
- Safety, Security, Finances, & Personal Planning
- Physical Activity
- Information, Referral, & Advocacy
- Home Support
- Food & Nutritional Support
- Education, Recreation, & Arts
- Caregiving & Caregiver Support
- Service Providers (Non-profits, Community Organizations, Local government)
- Health Authorities
- Caregivers, Seniors & Volunteers